When they are activated, it explodes and 8 surrounding candies (3x3 board space) are cleared. Then the candy that exploded will flash and wait until all candies are fully dropped and will explode a second time. This is why Wrapped Candies destroy more candies than a Striped Candy but doesn't have a long range.
If after the first explosion there is a candy match that is linked to the same colour as the wrapped candy, the match will work (even make special candies if it's longer than 3) and destroy the other candies first. Then it will finally explode the second time. This creates more candy destruction. However, iOS is not coded like this so it will just explode a second time anyways. Hence, this can cause a split situation in the amount of points earned between the Facebook version and the mobile device versions.
Combinations with Special CandiesEdit
|WRAPPED CANDY||OTHER SPECIAL CANDY||EFFECT|
|Wrapped Candy||Striped Candy||A giant striped candy that takes up a 3x3 area clears all candies vertically and horizontally.|
|Wrapped Candy||Wrapped Candy||Creates a mass explosion that clears 24 candies in a 5x5 grid around each wrapped candy. Its second explosion will occur individually by each of the two wrapped and once again explode in a 5x5 grid.|
|Wrapped Candy||Colour Bomb||The colour bomb destroys every candy of the colour the wrapped candy was, then it will destroy the most abundant candy colour.|
|Wrapped Candy||Jelly Fish||This creates three wrapped jelly fish which convert any eaten candy into wrapped candies and activates them.|
|Wrapped Candy||Coconut Wheel||The coconut wheel follows the full path vertically or horizontally, depending on the way you switched it, and will convert the whole row/column into wrapped candies which then activate.|
- When you make a combination "wrapped candy-striped candy", the first candy you swipe becomes the giant candy.
- It is very rare to create a wrapped candy from a (+) shape, though it is impossible to intentionally, as in from 1 switch without any other candies being affected, form a Wrapped Candy from a plus (+) shape. However, it is possible to strategically create them, as shown on the picture on the right.
- Moving a wrapped candy to make a match with other candies will activate it.
- When a single wrapped candy is activated, it will always give 540 points regardless of where it is detonated. However, the number of points given for wrapped candy + wrapped candy combination varies on the location where the combination takes place.
- When combined with a Striped Candy, all the candies except the selected candies that are used will in some ways activate. In the past, there was a slight glitch on Facebook where other Wrapped or Striped Candies within the vicinity will be wasted and not activated. As of May 2014 (or late April perhaps), all special candies will activate.