Ingredients are items in Candy Crush Saga that need bringing down in Ingredients level. There are two different ingredients: cherries and hazelnuts. Cherries first appear in level 11 and Hazelnuts first appear in level 12 in the Facebook version.
They fall at random in the early part of the game and from levels 217 onwards they can come from a Candy Cannon. These candies fall and can be switched like regular candies, however, they cannot be matched with any other candy and they can't even be matched with a Colour Bomb or any other special candy. If there is a Shuffle the ingredient will stay put.
Like all candies, ingredients can fall through a Teleporter but cannot make it past a blocker. When an ingredient reaches a layer with the green arrow on, the ingredient is collected and the player gets 10,000 points.
- Hazelnuts are often mistaken for apples or onions.
- Candy Cannons that drop ingredients will always have an hazelnut icon. This can be misleading as if cherries need to be brought down in the level as well, cherries can come out of the dispensers.
- As ingredients give 10,000 points when collected, in levels 357 and 376, a player can get the target score 180,000 points just by collecting all the ingredients.
- The only single actions that can give more points than an ingredient collection is Cake Bombs knocking bombs off the screen, or a Colour Bomb detonation.
- Ingredients are often mistaken for fruits.