Ingredients levels are the second most common level type, with 134 levels currently, making up 25% of all levels. The current trend is 6 ingredient levels per episode. Some earlier episodes had 5, and Bubblegum Bridge had 7. Meringue Moor also has 5 ingredient levels. The episodes between Chocolate Barn and Cherry Chateau all had either 3 or 4 ingredient drop levels.
Ingredients levels are considered easier than Jelly Levels, but there are still some very hard ingredients levels, such as 158 , 181 , 325 , 361 , 417 and 500. Earlier ingredients levels tend to be much easier than later ones.
See the full List of Ingredients Levels.
To win ingredients levels, the player must bring all the required Ingredients down to the bottom of the board (or anywhere where there is a green arrow). Some levels, only one ingredient is needed, and in others, up to 18 ingredients are needed.
There are 2 types of Ingredients a player will have to bring down: cherries and hazelnuts. Some levels require cherries, some require hazelnuts, and some require both. A certain number of each will have to be brought down to complete the level. 10,000 points are awarded for each ingredient collected.
The ingredients fall like normal candies. They come in through the top of the board, usually after another ingredient has been cleared. Some levels start with the ingredients already on the board, and in levels 217 and above, sometimes the ingredients come out of a dispenser.
When all ingredients has been collected, a striped candy is made for every move remaining, giving 3,000 points for each. Then each of the striped candies activate themselves.
Ingredient Drop levels are generally easier than jelly levels, and sometimes easier than Candy Order Levels. They are considered overall more difficult than Timed Levels. Like all level types, earlier ingredient drop levels are easier than later ones.
Many ingredient drop levels are easy. They generally have few colours, and many, even later ones, such as Level 439, are easy and almost pointless. But like all level types (except timed levels), there ARE difficult ingredient drop levels, but they are quite few. There are only two "insanely hard" ingredient drop levels - Level 181 and Level 500.
HOWEVER, when you do get a difficult ingredient drop level, they are VERY DECEIVING!!! They often look easy when they aren't. This can lead to players feeling stupid and bad about themselves if they don't realise the level is generally hard for the community. There are many examples of deceivingly difficult ingredient drop levels, such as level 181, Level 325, Level 361, Level 445 and even Level 500 to name a few. These levels often contain hidden difficulties which may not be so obvious when playing the level for the first time. This sneaky aspect of ingredient drop levels has led many people to quit and many others to rage.
- It is impossible for one NOT to get 3 stars on Level 11, since the objective for achieving 3 stars is 3,000 points, whereas bringing down a single cherry would give you 10,000 points. The same thing is true with Level 22 and Level 30..
- Bubblegum Bridge has 7 ingredients levels - the most of any episode.
- Wafer Wharf has only one ingredients level. It is the only episode to have more Timed levels than ingredients levels.
- Polka Palooza has only 2 ingredients levels.
- The 100th Ingredients Level, Level 413, is featured in Soda Swamp.
- About 1 in 4 levels are ingredients levels.
- Levels 87, 187, 287, 387 and 487 are all ingredients levels, coincidentally.
- There have never been three Ingredients levels in a row. Jelly Levels have had strings of five-in-a-row and Candy Order Levels had one string of seven-in-a-row, Strangely, the Ingredients levels are more spread out and the most consecutive Ingredients levels in a row is two.
- The most ingredients required in a single level is 18, with 9 cherries and 9 hazelnuts, in levels 357 and 376.
- It is impossible to score fewer than 10,000 points on an Ingredients level as bringing down an ingredient scores a player 10,000 points. In levels 357 and 376 it is impossible to score fewer than 180,000 points.
- Ingredients Levels are the only levels where Coconut Wheels can be used.
- Meringue Moor has 5 ingredient levels (inlcuding Level 500). This is the first level to have more than four since Crunchy Castle. They are seperated by 17 episodes.
- Only twice in the game has an episode finale fallen on a level multiple number of 100. Both times this happened (levels 200 and 500), the level type was ingredients. This can predict that if Level 800 were to come out, it would most likely be an ingredients level.
Notable Ingredients Levels
- Level 11 - First ingredients level
- Level 181 - Supposedly the hardest ingredients level, and one of the hardest levels in the game.
- Level 357/376 - The most ingredients in a single ingredients level that needs bringing down - 9 of each
- Level 413 - 100th Ingredients level
- Level 500 - Level with most moves in the game (65), also milestone level number and considered one of the hardest levels in the game.