- This page is about the special candy. For the booster, see Colour Bomb (booster).
- Not to be confused with Candy Bomb.
A Color Bomb is quite unlike other candies because it can be swapped with any candy on board not captured in a blocker. When swapped with a candy, all of that color on the board will be detonated, and following an update they give lots of points when used.
This special candy is generally quite weak on its own considering how hard it is to make, but when mixed with other special candies, or when the board has only 4 colors, it can create some very big and useful effects.
Color Bomb + Striped CandyEdit
Turns every candy of that color (including special candies) into a (random directioned) striped candy and then detonates them all.
Color Bomb + Wrapped CandyEdit
Detonates every candy of the color of the wrapped candy on the board, then detonates a second color at random. In effect this combonation detonates two colors. It also creates a different sound than when the color bomb is detonated alone.
Color Bomb + Color bombEdit
Detonates every candy on the screen and licorice swirl blockers but have no effect on other blockers.
Color Bomb + Jelly FishEdit
Makes three fish swim out as normal, and where the three fish eat creates another three fish, therefore creating twelve fish in total.
Color bomb + Coconut WheelEdit
The Color Bomb explodes. The coconut wheel will scroll in whatever direction is made and makes a full line of vertical striped candies if scrolling left or right, or horizontal striped candies if scrolling up or down. Every candy scrolled past is turned into striped candies.
- It is a chocolate ball with little colored candies stuck to it.
- Level 202 starts with 19 color bombs on the board.
- The Color Bomb is inspired by Australian candy which are called "chocolate freckles"
- When a Color Bomb is created, it makes a sound similar to that of the start of a level.
- Many fans of the game have created their own Color Bombs in real life.
- Combining a Color Bomb with a wrapped or regular candy (options that clear less of the board) scores significantly more points than with a striped candy or another color bomb. The highest scoring method is using one of the first two combos to defuse a candy bomb.
- In the iOS version, a combination of two color bombs can destroy Multilayered Meringue completely.
- Often times, Candy Bomb has been mistakenly called for this. They are in fact opposites in terms of benefits towards this game.
- Color Bomb + Striped Candy may be the best combo for clearing things, but for levels that worry about the score only, it is the worst option.