These make up most of the game. Get at least 3 in a row to turn them into points.
The six different colors and shapes are:
Red - Jelly BeansOrange - Lozenges Yellow - Lemon Drops Green - Gum Squares Blue - Lollipop Heads Purple - Jujube Clusters
- Appearance: Horizontal or vertical white stripes on a regular candy.
- Effect: Clears an entire row or column, depending on the direction of the stripes.
- Formation: 4 regular candies in a row. The most common special candy, often created accidentally (not meant to be) through cascades. If the striped candy results from a horizontal move, the stripes will be horizontal, if it results from a vertical move, they will be vertical.
- Vertical striped candies may be useful in ingredient levels if they are in the same column as an ingredient.
- Appearance: A regular candy in a same-colored square wrapper.
- Effect: Clears the surrounding 8 candies, activates twice.
- Formation: 5 or 6 regular candies in a T, L or + shape.
- Appearance: A chocolate ball with sprinkles on it. Known as "freckles".
- When switched with a regular candy, it will clear all candies of that color from the board.
- When switched with a striped candy it will turn all candies of that color into striped candies and immediately clear each line according to the striped candy's direction.
- When switched with a wrapped candy, it will remove all candies of that color from the board. Once the board settles, it will then remove all candies of another color from the board.
- When switched with another color bomb, it will clear all candy on the board.
- Formation: 5 in a row.
- Appearance: A candy fish. Colors vary.
- Effect: Creates 3 Jelly Fish that target and eat one random candy each, activating special candies if they are targeted.
- Formation: Either bought in the Yeti Shop, or created during the Sugar Crush after Jelly levels, where each move that you have left becomes 3 Fish. Can also be seen at the start of jelly levels (in marmalade) on Delicious Drifts and onwards.
- Appearance: Pink coconut Wheel with a liquorice center.
- Effect: When switched with a regular candy, it continues on in that direction, clearing all candies from its path. Also converts the first 3 candies to Striped Candies.
- Formation: Bought in the Yeti Shop and in the booster spinning wheel, and appears on start screen in later levels.
- Appearance: A circle candy with a tick in Candy Order levels.
- Effect: When matched, they turn into a candy which accords to the orders.
- Formation: Bought in the Yeti Shop, and appears on start screen in later levels.
- Appearance: A glowing, regular candy with a +5 written on it.
- Effect: When matched with the same colour, 5 seconds are added to the timer.
- Found in: Most timed levels.
- Appearance: An egg with a question mark on it.
- Effect: When matched with the same colour, a good or bad outcome may occur.
- Found in: Level 231 in Chocolate Barn onwards.
- Appearance: A regular candy with a pink aura and a rainbow that sweeps across it every few seconds.
- Effect: When a move is made, the colour of the candy will change.
- Found in: Level 306 in Savory Shores onwards.
Special candies can be combined together to produce special amplified effects.
|Candy A||Candy B||Effects|
|Striped Candy||Striped Candy||Activates a Striped Candy in the direction of the swipe, and a perpendicular Striped Candy on the position at the end of the swipe.|
|Striped Candy||Wrapped Candy||
Becomes a "giant striped candy" and clears 3 rows and 3 columns in a cross formation.
|Striped Candy||Color Bomb||Transforms all candies of that color to Striped Candy, then activates them all.|
|Striped Candy||Jelly Fish||Creates 3 striped fish which convert any eaten candy into Striped Candies and activates them.|
|Striped Candy||Coconut Wheel||Causes the Coconut Wheel to warp around the screen, reappearing on the other side, going in the same direction. It converts three candies to Striped Candies, then reappears, turning another three candies into Striped Candies and activates them.|
|Wrapped Candy||Wrapped Candy||A mass explosion created. Clears 24 candies (5x5 grid) around each Wrapped Candy, also causes all other candies to appear to be pushed back by the blasts.|
|Wrapped Candy||Color Bomb||Activates the Color Bomb twice, the second color selected is the most abundant.|
|Wrapped Candy||Jelly Fish||Creates 3 wrapped jelly fish which convert any eaten candy into Wrapped Candy.|
|Wrapped Candy||Coconut Wheel||Causes the Coconut Wheel to warp around the screen, reappearing on the other side, going in the same direction. Converts a whole row / column of candies into Wrapped Candies.|
|Color Bomb||Color Bomb||
Clears the entire board of candies. Does not affect blockers except marmalade, liquorice locks and liquorice swirls.
Note : On Facebook, it will not eliminate liquorice swirls.
|Color Bomb||Jelly Fish||Creates 3 color bomb jelly fish which convert any eaten candy into another jelly fish and activates them.|
|Color Bomb||Coconut Wheel||Converts a whole row / column of candies into Striped Candy and activates them. This effect is the same with a Coconut Wheel to Coconut Wheel combination.|
|Jelly Fish||Jelly Fish||For weird reasons, the two don't mix.|
|Coconut Wheel||Coconut Wheel||Converts the entire row or column to Striped Candy, then does it again after they all have been activated. The Striped Candy always face the opposite way.|
- Green, blue, and orange candies are the only candies to never be left out of a level. As it may seem like Blue lollipop heads also appear in every level, they were formerly left out in Level 289 on mobile.
- Green candies are the only candies to have never been left out in all of Candy Crush history.
- Red candies used to appear in every level in iOS and Android.
- All 5 colour levels exclude yellow candies. In mobile, purple were usually be left, some are orange and yellow.
- All 4 colour levels exclude yellow and red candies.
- Very few levels have less than 4 candy colours. Levels 31, 587 and 621 are the only levels with 3 colours so far.