The various boosters have different properties. Boosters come with a number of charges. Once you use the booster, one charge is consumed.
- Boosters can be unlocked when you reach a certain level which will get you three free uses. The game board refers to this as "unlocking boosters.
After that, you must buy some more boosters. You can also get free boosters by completing usually 10 levels in some games by King.com, and refill your lives. There is one booster that is only available when a Facebook friend send you one, namely the +3 moves booster. It is free.
- As of November 27, 2013, players can now obtain free Boosters every day from the Daily Booster Wheel, though not everyone has this.
- A facebook page is Candy Crush Saga Lives, which adds photos,and scam giveaways, which are fake,and scam pages. Here is a photo of the scam page:
Some boosters are activated on the screen right before entering a level. Other boosters can be activated during game play by tapping the corresponding button in the top right corner of the screen.
List of BoostersEdit
These were the boosters in the very beginning of Candy Crush.
|+10 sec||Adds 10 extra seconds to the game.|
|Live hints||Gives the game "live hints"|
|Start with colour bomb||Starts the game with a Color Bomb|
|Start at level 2 for higher scores||Starts the game at level two|
|Start with wrapped next to striped||Starts the game with a Wrapped Candy next to a Striped Candy.|
Candy Crush SagaEdit
There are many types of boosters in the game. Some boosters are only available in certain level types.
Note: Some boosters shown in bold mean: Boosters are available only in Facebook version, not in mobile.
|Booster Name||Levels||In-game Description||Effect||Unlocked||Icon|
|Lollipop Hammer||All||Smash a candy!||Click on a candy (or blockers, except Chocolate Spawner, ingredients) to destroy it or even jellies.||Level 7|
|Extra Moves (+5)||All, except Timed Levels||Activate now to get 5 extra moves!||Adds 5 additional moves||Level 8|
|Jelly Fish||Jelly Levels||Adds Jelly Fish candies to the candy mix, which clears three pieces of jelly when you match three candies!||Summons 3 jelly fishes to eat jellied candies at random. For more effect with Jelly Fish, see Special Candies (Combinations section).||Level 9|
|Colour Bomb||All||Start the game with a Color Bomb!||Start with a colour bomb on the screen. For more effect with Colour Bomb, see Special Candies (Combinations section).||Level 13|
|Coconut Wheel||Ingredient Drop Levels||Add powerful Coconut Wheels to the candy mix!||Turns three candies into striped candies. For more effect with Coconut Wheel, see Special Candies (Combinations section).||Level 15|
|Free Switch||All||Switch two candies that don't match!||Allows you to switch 2 candies that don't match. However, this booster still allows you to switch 2 candies that match.||Level 19|
|Extra Time||Timed Levels||Start the game with 15 extra seconds play time!||Gives the player 15 extra seconds||Level 27|
|Striped and Wrapped||All||Start the game with a wrapped and a striped candy!||Start with one striped and one wrapped candy on the screen.||
Facebook: Level 35
iOS: Level 34
|Sweet Teeth||All||Teeth with a sweet tooth. Very fond of chocolate, licorice and marmalade. Oh the sweet marmalade!||Eats several candies, Liquorice Lock blockers, Chocolate, Licorice Swirls, Icing and Marmalade||Level 52|
|Bomb Cooler||Levels with Candy Bomb||Adds 5 to the countdown of all visible bombs!||Adds five extra moves to Candy Bombs.||Level 97|
|Lucky Candy||Candy Order Levels||Adds Lucky Candy to the candy mix, which will transform into useful candy when removed!||Check-mark balls which yield a special candy (or regular candy, if the level has only regular candy order)||Level 131|
|Bubblegum Troll||Levels with a Chocolate Spawner||Unleash the Bubblegum Troll to remove all the chocolate and put a stop to the evil chocolate spawners!||Removes all chocolate and blocks all the chocolate spawners in the game for 5 moves.||Level 156|
|Extra Moves (+3)||All except Timed Levels||
Gift from a friend! Start the level with 3 extra moves!
|Sent by friends, adds 3 additional moves||N/A|
|Unknown||Presumably shuffles the candies like it would when you are unable to make a move. However, this booster is unavailable.||Level 43|
|Restore Balance||Dreamworld||Restore Odus the owl's balance to stop him from falling. Odus will keep his power!||Only if a player fails a level, they will have the option to buy this booster. Then it will freeze the Moon Scale for 5 moves so no matter what Odus will not fall.||Level 1?||(Missing Icon)|
|Moon Struck||Dreamworld||Release the Moonstruck effect and it removes at least one candy color for 5 moves!||It will cause a Moon Struck to occur when clicked. It lasts 5 moves.||Level 1?||(Missing Icon)|
- Not counting +3 moves and Shuffle booster, there are total 12 boosters with unlocking levels.
- Many players don't like using boosters as they believe it is a form of cheating and they aren't completing the level honestly.
- Shuffle booster is no longer available for unknown reasons.
- Level 236 is the only known level that forbids the use of the Lucky Candy, Color Bomb, and Striped + Wrapped boosters at the same time. The fact that it starts with all mystery candies on the board really does defeat the purpose of boosters.
- If you click the booster and there are 0 moves left, it will waste the booster since the screen takes over.
- If you play and unlock boosters on another platform and then connect to Facebook, the boosters will be unlocked the next time you play on Facebook.